Friday, December 7, 2018

Blog prompt: Music and sound: how it affects my drawing



For now, we live in a furnished rental apartment. I’ve carved
out a piece of the living room to serve as a studio. My folding table fits perfectly under the window. Through the blinds and the bars of the breezewayg railing, I can see the canal and more condos lined up on the other side, their reflections in the water. I thought we would have tv noise from hard of hearing neighbors, but the buildings are solid concrete and it’s actually rather quiet here.

Fortunately, Millie is willing to watch sports with the sound off if I’m painting when we’re together in the living room. It’s new for us to be together 24/7 and I think we’re doing very well, but we Libras need quiet time and we can easily sit in companionable silence.

No comments: