Sunday, December 23, 2018

Words and pictures continued

 I’ve been thinking so much about how to sell my pictures in Florida. Truth is, I know so little about the art world here. I know so little about selling art anywhere. I had a number of exhibits in Massachusetts. I sold a number of  pieces over the years; originals as well as prints. I still have stacks of artwork. But last night I made a decision. I’m just going to make paintings for now. This is a whole new world. New colors, new f eelings, new everything. I’m not going to worry it. I’m just going to enjoy making pictures.  So then, this idea popped into my head for using maskIng fluid and watercolor. Add oil pastel. Hmmmm





2 comments:

Unknown said...

thank you for this post. I love your painting- the colors and movement. And I love what you say about deciding to just paint and then having an image pop into your head. I have been paying attention to when and how thoughts get in the way of my creativity. I seem to do best when I just let myself make art because I want to make art. Just me an my materials. It doesn't matter what the rest of the world is doing- what is being done or will be done or what anyone else thinks. It's just me and my materials and the pleasure of the process.

wendyblake said...

Reminds me of Munch ...