Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Music and sound

This week’s prompt is Music and sound; how it affects how I draw.
This is an interesting topic for me and rather timely, too. Relocating to Florida has been a radical change. For over 20 years I lived in the beautiful Berkshires of western Massachusetts. I had a whole room to myself for an art studio. Two large windows faced out onto the neighbors property. Their house and barn sat back from the road, on a hill. Their front yard was wooded and an outline of the mountains beyond showed through the trees. The only sounds were the birds calling out to each other, their squawks echoing in the tall pines. I painted that view many times, in every season. The quiet and peaceful scene helped to reduce the noise in my mind and allowed me to produce many serene images. Here are a couple from the archives.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the peace and quiet of these drawings- especially the blue one. I also see a lot of drama. The lines and branches feel very active and emotional to me

wendy said...

These are beautiful! Very serene.